No matter how long or short; the template for completing a research paper is the same. We shall be considering all the requirements needed to complete a research paper. Enjoy.
- Your topic: The starting point is the choice of a topic that you have a flair for. The topic should be one that interests you. The topic should be specific; a loose or broad topic will not be in your favor.
- Research your topic: Content is very important in academic work. Do not rely on social media for info. Use your school library or credible academic sites to get useful info on the topic.
- Thesis statement: Now that you have collected info on the topic; you can go ahead and create a thesis statement that will tell the idea of what you are about working on. It should contain a hook statement that will excite the readers to read through your work.
- Research paper Outline: At this juncture, you can go ahead and create an outline for your research paper. It is the initial format of how you intended to go about the work. There is a need for flexibility here because the outline might change along the line.
- Get organized: If what you wanted is to achieve the real goals; then you have to get your work organized. When you are organized, it will be pretty easy to get high grades at the end of the exercise.
- Write your introduction: You can now write your introduction. It will tell the direction of the flow of your work. Do not wait till the end before writing your introduction.
- Your first body draft: It is now time to write the first draft of the body of your paper. You must follow the outline that you have written earlier because it will lead the right way. Writing with the outline as a guide will make your work organized and you are going to achieve much in terms of worthy results.
- Revise: It will be in your best interest if you take the time to revise your work at this point. This is the time to fix all the errors that appear in the paper. Read the instructions of the research paper to get a clearer idea of what is expected from you.
- Conclusion: This is the summary, not a repeat of what you have written in the body of your paper. The conclusion should not include ideas that you did not express in the body of your paper. It should be brief and must show the relevance of your research work to the realities of our times.
- Revision: The goal is to score the higher marks that will boost your CGPA. In that case, make sure all grammatical errors or mistakes are corrected before you turn in your final draft. Proofread your work and give it to others to do this on your behalf. You can make use of reputable online sources.
The roadmap explained above will lead you to the Eldorado when you are writing the draft of your research paper.